Sugarbush Mad Dash
Title Sponsor: Sugarbush Resort
Sunday, October 9, 2016, 10:00am
Meadow Road, Waitsfield, Vermont
A classic Vermont foot race benefiting the Mad River Path.
|Click here to volunteer|
Enjoy a scenic course, local food and refreshments, and a commemorative tee shirt, all to support the Mad River Path.
The Dash includes:
- 5k running race
- 10k running race
- 5k fitness walk
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont Kids Fun Run (free)
Registration fees include:
- Race entry
- A delicious lunch
- Commemorative tee shirt
- Raffle entry (for pre-registered participants only) (click here for a list of raffle prizes below).
On line in advance:
On line registration will open soon!
- For 5K and 10K racers 18 years of age and older: $25
- For 5K and 10K racers under 18 years of age: $15
On paper (on race day, at the Farmers Market or otherwise):
- For 5K and 10K racers 18 years of age and older: $35
- For 5K and 10K racers under 18 years of age: $20
How to Register
- On line registration will open soon. For those who register on line, bibs may be picked up on race day from 8:30-9:30 (bib pick up will close at 9:30 sharp!)
- Register at the Waitsfield Farmers Market on Saturday, October 10 (9-1pm). Bibs may be picked up on race day from 8:30-9:30 (bib pick up will close at 9:30 sharp!)
- Registrations will be accepted race day from 8:30 - 9:30 (race day registration closes at 9:30 sharp!)
- Register at the General Wait House, weekdays from 9 - 4:30
The Dash depends upon volunteers. If you would like to volunteer, please check out our list of volunteer opportunities and sign up on line by clicking here. Volunteers receive a limited edition commemorative tee shirt.
|Prizes will be awarded for a variety of categories for both the 10K and 5K races.|
Awesome raffle prizes will be awarded to randomly drawn pre-registered bib numbers.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont Kids Fun Run
A kids fun run will take place immediately following the conclusion of the 5k and 10k races. Registration is free and all registered kids will receive a free tee shirt! Kids can register on race day (advanced registration is not available for the Kids Fun Run).
We love dogs but dogs on leashes during the race can present a danger to other runners, so, please, leave your dog at home.
Strollers are welcome in the race. However, we ask that participants with strollers please start the race at the back of the start corral, so you do not obstruct faster runners path over the starting line. Please be advised that the course follows dirt roads. So, your stroller should be capable of rolling on a rough surface.
All runners will start by running east on Meadow Road. At its intersection with North Road, they will turn right (south) on North Road and run to its intersection with Tremblay Road, where they will reverse direction and run back to the north. All runners will proceed north on North Road past Meadow Road. The 5K runners will reverse direction approximately 0.1 miles north of Meadow Road. The 10K runners will continue further toward Moretown before reversing direction. After reversing direction, runners will turn right (west) onto Meadow Road and head back to the start/finish area.
Course Overview Map:
If you are looking for overnight accommodations for the weekend of the Mad Dash, please contact the Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce at (800) 82-VISIT or follow this link.
To Audrey Huffman for designing the newspaper ads and post card this year!
20th Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2015 race results.
19th Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2014 race results.
18th Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2013 race results.
17th Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2012 race results.
2012 17th Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2012 race results.
2011 16th Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2011 race results