Sugarbush Mad Dash
Title Sponsor: Sugarbush Resort
Sunday, October 7, 2018, 10:00am
Meadow Road, Waitsfield, Vermont
A classic Vermont foot race benefiting the Mad River Path.
Enjoy a scenic, gently rolling course, local food and refreshments, music and a commemorative tee shirt, all to support the Mad River Path.
The Dash includes:
- 5k running race
- 10k running race
- 5k fitness walk
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont Kids Fun Run (Free — Registration takes place the day of the race)
All those who pre-register will be entered in to a raffle for over 25 great prizes!
- is available on-line until 1 pm on Saturday, October 6.
- the cost to pre-register is $30 for age 19 and over and $15 for under 19 years of age, plus a small processing fee.
- pre-registration will be also available at the Waitsfield Farmers Market on Saturday, October 6 from 9 am - 1 pm.
- bib and race t-shirt pickup will be available on Sunday, October 7 starting at 8:30 am at the race tent on Meadow Road.
- PLEASE pre-register if possible allow to speed up your check-in the day of the race!
RACE DAY REGISTRATION:
- will be available on Sunday, October 7 between 8:30 am and 9:30 am at the race tent on Meadow Road.
- the cost to register the day of the race will be $35 for adults and $20 for under 19 years of age.
- PLEASE arrive as early as possible to fill out registration forms. Please bring cash or check.
FREE Kids Fun Run Sign-up is ONLY available the day of the race. This takes place at the race tent on Meadow Road.
Prizes will be awarded for a variety of categories for both the 10K and 5K races. Awesome raffle prizes will be awarded to randomly drawn pre-registered bib numbers.
If you want to volunteer or need additional information please call 802-496-7284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont Kids Fun Run
A kids fun run will take place immediately following the conclusion of the 5k and 10k races (estimated start time: 11am). Registration is free and all registered kids will receive a free tee shirt! Kids can register on race day (advanced registration is not available for the Kids Fun Run).
We love dogs but dogs on leashes during the race can present a danger to other runners, so, please, leave your dog at home.
Strollers are welcome in the race. However, we ask that participants with strollers please start the race at the back of the start corral, so you do not obstruct faster runners path over the starting line. Please be advised that the course follows dirt roads. So, your stroller should be capable of rolling on a rough surface.
All runners will start by running east on Meadow Road. At its intersection with North Road, they will turn right (south) on North Road and run to its intersection with Tremblay Road, where they will reverse direction and run back to the north. All runners will proceed north on North Road past Meadow Road. The 5K runners will reverse direction approximately 0.1 miles north of Meadow Road. The 10K runners will continue further toward Moretown before reversing direction. After reversing direction, runners will turn right (west) onto Meadow Road and head back to the start/finish area.
Course Overview Map:
If you are looking for overnight accommodations for the weekend of the Mad Dash, please contact the Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce at (800) 82-VISIT or follow this link.
To Elwin and Angela Neill for allowing the Mad River Path to use their land for our community event.
To Audrey Huffman for helping us with all of our graphics and design for the Mad Dash.
To Kris Marchant and Waitsfield Telecom for their networking help for the MAD DASH.
To all the great volunteers: We couldn’t make this event happen without your time, effort and dedication.
22nd Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2017 race results
21st Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2016 race results
20th Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2015 race results
19th Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2014 race results
18th Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2013 race results
2012 17th Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2012 race results
16th Annual Mad Dash Results
Click here for the 2011 race results